wtorek, 23 stycznia 2018

Bulldog - CTF

Last time when I tried CTF from VulnHub it was (as usual;]) very cool. That's why I think, today is a good time to try another one. This time we will check Bulldog CTF by Nick Frichette (thanks!).
Let's start from the beginning...

"Welcome" message after the VM started:


We've got an IP address so it's time to scan the target machine (to do that I'll use nmap):


We can see some cool TCP ports open:


Let's skip ssh on 23/tcp for now ;] We will check WWW - port 8080:


(FYI: webpage for port 80/tcp looks pretty similar) I decided to run dirb from Kali Linux to check if there are any other available 'resources'. Few results below:


Nice. So let's check those dirs (but using the browser this time):


Ok, nice. Next directory was '/dev/'. Checking...


Very nice, info (usernames) disclosure + 'web-shell' ]8] but how can I use it?

Maybe later...

Let's see the source:



"It's not like a hacker can do anything with a hash" ;[

Good I'm not a hacker ;D


More:


Checking...


"So what's next dude...?"


And we are here:

So let's try the 'web-shell' now:


Few quick tests with Burp:

After a while I decided to check if there are any other 'possibilities' to execute the(my)code somehow.

I used one idea from some other CTFs:


Pretty simple :>

Anyway...

As we have RCE... "How many of you remember The House of Pain?" ;]


Checking...


Ok, file should be on remote box:


Let's run it (via php interpreter):


Not working... "Maybe there is an other way?"

  

"Sure. Always."


Cool. So now we're in. Quick overview:

Home in the /home (dir)?


Checking the note-file:


Ok. What is the app (any privesc bug or what...)? First file overview and...

Can you see? ;]

Checking...


Machine should be finished now so let's grab the flag to verify:



This was pretty cool CTF :] Not so hard as I thought at the beginning but it's worth to play.

Big thanks goes this time to:
- Nick Frichette - the author
as well as to the:
- VulnHub - for sharing this nice VM!

In case of any questions/comments/feedback - you know how to find me.

Cheers .


Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz