środa, 26 sierpnia 2020

Scanning Docker Images

Ok. So far we already know how to prepare a small lab based on docker as well as how to configure it. Today we'll try to find some bugs. Here we go...

Today we'll start here:

Checking this document - in the meantime - I was also looking for some 'open source'-based tools related to 'docker security'. One of them is called Docker Bench for Security:

Basing on our last examples I decided to check it - started against one of the images available on my VM server:

So far, looks good. I decided to use a small look and check all of the docker images available on my host:

Looking for logs:


I wasn't sure about few of the findings so I decided to compare it ith the documentation:

I added OWASP's WebGoat:

Checking again:

Now we can find few more logs to check in the current directory:

At this stage I decided to init swarm mode (just to compare the results of my basic scan):

Now we can see a little bit more:


I was wondering how can it also be used (for example) with (something like our previous) loop:

$ (...); docker run $image exec 'rkhunter -C'; andso; on; #

...but I will leave it for you as an exercise ;)

See you next time! ;)

Cheers

 

 


Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz