niedziela, 17 lipca 2022

Crashing GNOME shell again

Last time we talked about a crash in GNOME based on AnyDesk. This time I found a similar bug using LibreOffice for Ubuntu. Below you'll find more details. Here we go...

This time we'll start here:


 

Environment I used is pretty similar to the one presented in the last post about GNOME-shell but if you're not familiar with that part - for this case we are using:

- Ubuntu 20.04
- GNOME (version presented below)
- LibreOffice (version presented below).

If you're ready we can jump directly to the LibreOffice -> File -> Templates :).

 


As you can see there is a place to put a name for a New Category. As for me that evening was really long I decided to simply put multiple "A" letters and see what will happen... 


After my desktop freezed - I restarted VM again to check the logs. One of them is presented on the screen below:

 

After a little investigation I was able to find the file where our template is located:


In the content of this file you should see (set;)) something similar to this:

I did not check this bug for the "latest GNOME version" - feel free to check it if you want. ;) Last one (I described here) is fixed in new GNOME so I believe this one should be to. 


Maybe you'll find it useful. 


Cheers




Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz