sobota, 24 sierpnia 2019

ECTF 2014 - the-beginner challenge

After a while I decided to check challenge from ETF 2014 called the-beginner. Below you will find the details. Here we go...

We will start here:


As you can see (as a hint) "The expert in anything was once a beginner". :)

I was wondering what type of file we are watching here:

And I was a little bit surprised when I saw an ASCII - not binary ;> Next move was to print few lines from that 'ascii file':

 Ok, so we are watching objdump logfile. Cool. Let's try to find some interesting functions then:

 The one I decided to check was called print_flag:

As you can see there are a lot of movl instructions. "Mov can be used as #define (from C)" so I decided to check the hex values, starting from 80484d4:


I copied all of the movl-lines to notepad to clean them and leave only hex value(s) to check it later using python. See below:



Ok I'm pretty sure that I can see the flag, but is it printed in a good way? ;)


Now should be better:



I must say that it was pretty cool challenge. :]

See you next time! 








Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz