czwartek, 30 kwietnia 2020

Reading malware - orbitclient.x86

After reading last cases of malwares found online I decided that I will check one more again. ;) Below you will find few notes about it. Here we go...

We will start here:


As you can see malware is 'still online' (30.04.2020) so please be careful:



I started from strings on my Kali VM. As you can see there is (again) a 'link to download'. So I grabbed the bash-file:


Content of the file looks pretty familiar, isn't it? ;)



Initial checking of the hosting server:


I opened binary in IdaPro:


Now we can see that there are very similar function(s) to the list we found in previous cases(1, 2):




Even the Graph overwiev looks similar ;) Ok, strings, strings and more strings... Here we go:


Interesting - checking:



File again is trying to download a copy of the malware. I googled for the strings found inside the binary and this is what I found:



It looks like some old campaign (2018-19) is started and alive again ;) Few more similarities from strings:


I think it's time to check the link mentioned on the page - VirusTotal:


Looks like the same kind of a ddos tool. ;]

I hope you found it useful. In case of any question(s) - you know how to find me.


Special thanks goes to my new Patreons:
- Daniel
- julianvolodia

Thank you! You are AWSOME! ;)

See you next time!

Cheers
















Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz