czwartek, 30 kwietnia 2020

Reading malware - yakuza.x86

After reading SNOOPY I decided to check one more sample available here. This time I found malware called yakuza.x86. Let's try to understand what this code can do. Below few notes. Here we go...
We will start here:


As you can see sample is fresh:


I decided do download it from my Kali VM to my Windows 7 VM:


Few more details about the sample:


In the meantime I started strings against the binary. This is what I found:


Content of the file is presented below:


Pretty similar case ;) Checking more results from strings:


Ok. I decided that it's time to run Ida. Malware sample is not obfuscated so it should be easy ;)


First look:


(Shift+F12 to) go to directly to the strings:


After a while we should be somewhere here looking for more strings used in the app:

It looks like this is a DDoS-kinda-bot to also bruteforce remote host(s) (via telnet) to get more access. Ok. Checking host:
 

Back to the code:


My super-reversing-name-convension ;)


More:



And now we are here, checking the commands available in the malware:


Another place:



Sending HTTP requests:


More:


As you can see the code is pretty easy:


Interesting function - telnetScanner():


Some messages used in the malware communication:


When I was looking for some more information available online I found that this sample is very similar (or the same) as it was uploaded to HybridAnalysis in the past:

Anyhow, details for sample from this site:




I hope you found it useful. In case of any question(s) - you know how to find me.

Special thanks goes to my new Patreons:
- Daniel
- julianvolodia

Thank you! You are AWSOME! ;)

See you next time!
Cheers














Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz